How do I prepare for a service or call out?
Ahead of a service or call out, please:
- Make sure the heat interface unit is easily accessible by removing any personal belongings, shelves etc that may have been placed in front of the unit.
- Please make sure nothing is stored on top of the heat interface unit.
Remember, when we do visit all employees and contractors working on our behalf will carry ID cards with their picture on it. Ask to see the ID card before letting them into your home. If you are unsure then please do not hesitate to call our team on 0800 138 4560 and we can confirm their identity.
I have a thermostat or radiator fault
Please contact your energy supplier or the company that manages your property.
I have a leak from my Heat Interface Unit (HIU)
Please contact your energy supplier.
I have no heating and hot water
In the event you have no heating or hot water, please carry out these simply checks.
- Settings - Check if your Heat Interface Unit is switched on and it is not just set to come on when the ambient temperature drops too low.
- In-home display - Check your in-home display or Glass for energy usage, spend information and messages (where applicable).
- Check your balance - Are you in credit and have paid for any outstanding friendly credit.
- Hot water only - Finally, check if you have hot water only and no heating.
Also it would be useful to know:
- Do your neighbours have the same issue?
- Is the electricity working in your home?
- Is the switch next to your heat interface unit in the 'on' position?
- Is the thermostat turned up and timer turned on?
Once you have completed these checks, please contact your energy supplier.
Who do I contact out of hours?
I'd like to report a fault